Student blog about classes and life at The Jacob School.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Changed My Life

The Jacob School is a wonderful place with a wonderful environment and it has helped me through many challenges in my life. My name is Casey F. and I used to go to an alternative school. At this school I was disruptive, irresponsible, immature, and in turn, very depressed about it all. My mom and I looked into The Jacob School. At first I did not want to go; little did I know I was going to make great friends, get respect from my teachers right at the start, and begin to turn my life around. My grades have improved astronomically and shot up from D's and F's to A's and B's, and I finished the year with a 3.2 GPA, which is amazing! Next year I will be getting a job and getting my driver's permit. My attitude has changed dramatically, so I guess you could say that this school saved AND changed my life.

-Casey, 14 years old

1 comment:

Karen said...

As Casey's mom, I can agree 100% with his comments. Traditional school is not an option for some kids. My son needed an environment where personal attention and accountability was key. He is not only encouraged by Mark and Carrie, he is inspired -- in a few short months my son has changed his perspective on life, education and the world around him. I'm so proud of him -- and grateful for a school like this.
Karen Fawcette